Rhubarb Cherry Pie Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 to 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients; let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; add filling. Top with a lattice crust; flute the edges.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until the crust is golden and filling is bubbling. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 433 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cherry Pie
"Outstanding recipe for those that love rhubarb! Many thanks to the lady that submitted!"
"Nice combination. Might drain the rhubarb a little next time"
"This is an amazing pie! Seriously, I would not change a thing about it. It is so easy to prepare and the results are absolutely delish!"