Rhubarb Cherry Pie
When missionary friends dropped by unexpected last summer, this pie is what I served for dessert. I first made it for a church gathering 20 years agoever since, everyone's looked for it!
As a young girl, I dreamed of being able to make pies like my mother. (Her rolling pin, which I inherited, was 2 ft. long and 8 in. wide!) In fact, this is Mom's rhubarb strawberry pie recipe with cherri
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 to 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients; let stand for 15
- minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; add filling. Top with a
- lattice crust; flute the edges.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until the crust is golden and
- filling is bubbling. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 433 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.