- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 to 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients; let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; add filling. Top with a lattice crust; flute the edges.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until the crust is golden and filling is bubbling. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cherry Pie
"Outstanding recipe for those that love rhubarb! Many thanks to the lady that submitted!"
"Nice combination. Might drain the rhubarb a little next time"
"This is an amazing pie! Seriously, I would not change a thing about it. It is so easy to prepare and the results are absolutely delish!"