Rhubarb Cherry Cobbler Recipe
What could be more comforting than a fruit cobbler fresh from the oven? Here's a simple way to enjoy a springtime twist on the comforting favorite using fresh rhubarb and cherry pie filling. —Jill Head, Hilbert, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- ALMOND TOPPING:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and allspice. Fold in pie filling and rhubarb.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; stir in the cream and extract just until a soft dough forms. Drop by spoonfuls over cherry mixture; sprinkle with almonds and remaining sugar.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 382 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cherry Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC