- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture; press remaining mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in rhubarb. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares
Sort By :
did not like these squares. mushy and all around favour was not worth the work
will not make again
Everyone loved these bars. I am baking them this morning as the first batch is gone.
My husband loves Rhurbarb so used 3 cups instead of 1 1/2. I did have to bake it longer than 40 minutes so the crust was very chewy and hard to cut. The cheesecake part was very soft. My husband says to make it again.
Oh, wow, are these good!
seems like a too much crust and not enough cheesecake/rhubarb. maybe double the filling? I had to cook for 45 minutes and even then it could have went longer cause it was a little to mushy still.