Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture; press remaining mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in rhubarb. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares(15)
Sort By :
Everyone loved these bars. I am baking them this morning as the first batch is gone.
My husband loves Rhurbarb so used 3 cups instead of 1 1/2. I did have to bake it longer than 40 minutes so the crust was very chewy and hard to cut. The cheesecake part was very soft. My husband says to make it again.
Oh, wow, are these good!
seems like a too much crust and not enough cheesecake/rhubarb. maybe double the filling? I had to cook for 45 minutes and even then it could have went longer cause it was a little to mushy still.
For refreshments for my ladies group, I made 2 pans of cheesecake squares, one with rhubarb and one with blueberries. Both were hits. I froze the leftovers to enjoy another day.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Bars >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >