Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares Recipe
It’s rhubarb season, so now’s the time to try this rich and tangy cheese bar. It’s bound to be a hit with the rhubarb lovers you know. —Sharon Schmidt, Mandan, North Dakota
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture; press remaining mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Set aside.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in rhubarb. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
1 square equals 214 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC