- and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place on a wire
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, water and
- lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg; return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened
- and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in lemon peel and nutmeg. Serve
- warm with cake. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 408 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.