This is quite a good bread - our family really enjoys it! It's also very quick and easy to prepare, once you have the rhubarb diced.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups finely diced rhubarb, 1/4-inch cuts
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and oil; blend in egg, vanilla and milk.
- Combine flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; add to moist
- ingredients. Stir in rhubarb and nuts. Transfer to two well-greased
- 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.