- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups finely diced rhubarb, 1/4-inch cuts
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and oil; blend in egg, vanilla and milk. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; add to moist ingredients. Stir in rhubarb and nuts. Transfer to two well-greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Rhubarb Bread(6)
Sort By :
This is the most wonderful recipe! Sweet and moist with little bits of tartness from the rhubarb and crunch from the nuts. You ask, "would I make this again?" I will be making it again tomorrow!!!
I followed instructions but used margarine instead of oil. I let it rest for the 10 mins. after baking and it came out of the pan okay, but less the bottom 1/4". Quite a sorry looking sight!!!
My husband and friends and I just loved this! It is so moist and the sweet-tart flavor is a real treat!
love this just the way it is!! I personally dont care for strawberries and rhubarb mixed...they are both so good on their own!!!
Oh, and for the flour I used 1/2 cup wheat flour and 2 cups regular flour. Wheat flour is great for fiber! And the bread turned out great!