Rhubarb Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries and rhubarb.
- 2. Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Blueberry Muffins
"I made a double batch and this is MAGNIFICENT! I used fresh rhubarb from the garden and frozen blueberries from last year's harvest. My husband is going through cancer treatment and I think he will be able to swallow these. Very moist. I will make a few batches for the freezer as a quick snack option. And then the Rhubarb-Strawberry Jam. Also delish."
"I made these today for a cooking challenge on the TOH Community Forums; however, I substituted apples for the rhubarb since we have such a hard time getting rhubarb here and my husband won't eat it. I'm sure this recipe is delicious with rhubarb. I also substituted Splenda for the sugar since he cannot eat sugar. The muffins were delicious. I would definitely have these muffins again."
"Got rave reviews from coworkers and parents, who are always my taste-testers - and that is saying a lot because my Dad HATES rhubarb :) Will definitely be making these again!"
"Nice and moist but I think they could use either use a little more sugar in the recipe or a sprinkling of a sugar/cinnamon on top or a basic streusel topping."
"love rhubarb and blueberries, great recipe"
"Wonderful moist muffins with an excellent combination of flavors. Will definitely make again!"
"These are the BEST muffins I've ever made. I sprinkle with just a bit of sugar before I bake just for that extra sweet!"
"Delicious!! Added a tsp of cinnamon - just because and they are wonderful! Will be made again next Spring when the rhubarb is fresh - may have to plant some for next year!"
"Excellent! I used light sour cream, fresh rhibarb and frozen blueberries. Super moist and delicious. Even my husband who doesn't care for rhubarb liked them."
"Moist and Delicious! I have added the recipe to my collection of rhubarb recipes that I bring our every year when the rhubarb is in season!"
"These are excellent. I've made them a new family favorite."