Rhubarb-Blueberry Crumble Recipe
Rhubarb and strawberry often go together, but blueberries give rhubarb a fresh and summery touch. — Mike Schulz, Tawas City, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add blueberries and rhubarb; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, mix baking mix, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in oats and almonds. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 324 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC