- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add blueberries and rhubarb; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix baking mix, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in oats and almonds. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb-Blueberry Crumble
"This recipe was super easy to make. The blueberries popped in your mouth and the almonds gave it great texture. It wasn't too sweet and tasted great. I will definitely make this again!"
"This is a fantastic tasty dish. I made it for friends and they raved over it and the cook among them asked for the recipe. Nobody guessed it had rhubarb in it. I used pecans instead of almonds."
"Excellent dessert. I served it to company and they didn't know there was rhubarb in it."
"Very Delicious, and love the fruits..... very easy to put together! Everyone loved it . Definitely a keeper for my recipes !!"
"Delicious and easy to throw together"