- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add blueberries and rhubarb; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix baking mix, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in oats and almonds. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb-Blueberry Crumble
"This was a great recipe. I doubled everything and put in a 13 x 9 pan for bible study. I used frozen rhubarb and frozen blueberries. I let the rhubarb thaw and drain. just like the recipe says. The blueberries I put in the microwave on defrost for about 5 minutes. Everyone loved it."
"This recipe was super easy to make. The blueberries popped in your mouth and the almonds gave it great texture. It wasn't too sweet and tasted great. I will definitely make this again!"
"This is a fantastic tasty dish. I made it for friends and they raved over it and the cook among them asked for the recipe. Nobody guessed it had rhubarb in it. I used pecans instead of almonds."
"Excellent dessert. I served it to company and they didn't know there was rhubarb in it."
"Very Delicious, and love the fruits..... very easy to put together! Everyone loved it . Definitely a keeper for my recipes !!"
"Delicious and easy to throw together"
"Loved the addition of blueberries!"
"This recipe is awesome! Blueberries and rhubarb is a great combination. I always see raspberries or strawberries and rhubarb. I made this for my book club group, and everyone loved it. I didn't have almonds so I used pecans, which I think was a good substitute."
"Great recipe! Definitely a keeper. Made just as recipe said, excellent. My son even liked it and he doesn't like rhubarb. The combination of sweet blueberries and tart rhubarb was perfect."
"Really good recipe. My coworkers loved it"