Rhubarb Blueberry Crisp Recipe
Although butter and sugar were scarce during World War II, my mom would save her rations to make this tasty treat using wild blueberries and homegrown rhubarb.
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, toss rhubarb and blueberries with sugar and flour. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over fruit.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup equals 327 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Blueberry Crisp
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC