Although butter and sugar were scarce during World War II, my mom would save her rations to make this tasty treat using wild blueberries and homegrown rhubarb.
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, toss rhubarb and blueberries with sugar and flour. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Blueberry Crisp in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p212
Reviews for Rhubarb Blueberry Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review