Rhubarb Biscuit Coffee Cakes Recipe
Enjoy the mouthwatering aroma of rhubarb and cinnamon from these luscious coffeecakes. Field editor Carla Hodenfield from Ray, North Dakota submitted the recipe. Preparation is a snap.—Carla Hodenfield, Ray, North Dakota
- 10 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 20 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 6 pounds)
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 cartons (16 ounces each) sour cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Divide biscuits among 10 ungreased 9-in. pie plates; top each with 2 cups rhubarb. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, eggs, sour cream, cream and vanilla. Beat on high for 2 minutes; pour over rhubarb.
- 2. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over filling. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 coffee cakes (8 servings each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC