"Try this speedy fruit dessert once and you'll rave about its taste and convenience," promises Sharon Keys from Spencerport, New York. The cinnamony flavor of the leftover bread complements the tart, tender rhubarb quite nicely.
- 5 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups cubed cinnamon bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon. Add half of the bread cubes; toss gently. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with remaining bread cubes; drizzle with butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Betty in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p42
Reviews for Rhubarb Betty
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review