Rhubarb Berry Pie Recipe
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, berries, lemon juice and extract. Add the sugar, tapioca, flour, salt and nutmeg. Add to the fruit mixture; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 418 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Berry Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.