- 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook rhubarb, strawberries and 1 cup sugar until fruit is tender. In a large bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in boiling water. Stir in fruit; set aside.
- In another saucepan, heat milk and remaining sugar over low until sugar is dissolved. Meanwhile, soften unflavored gelatin in cold water. Add to hot milk mixture and stir until gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Cool to lukewarm; blend in sour cream. Set aside at room temperature.
- Pour a third of the fruit mixture into a 3-qt. bowl; chill until almost set. Spoon a third of the sour cream mixture over fruit; chill until almost set. Repeat layers twice, chilling between layers if necessary. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Berry Delight Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p59
Reviews for Rhubarb Berry Delight Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2010
"This has become my family's favorite jello salad. The sour cream layer is especially refreshing."