Rhubarb Berry Cheesecake Pie Recipe
My grandparents grew a ton of stuff in their garden, including rhubarb and strawberries. We typically baked it into pies and cobblers, but then Mom found this recipe and it became a fresh, new favorite. —LeeAnn McCue, Charlotte, North Carolina
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in lemon juice, lemon peel, vanilla and salt; pour into crust. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Drain.
- 3. Stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate until cold. Serve pie with topping. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 435 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Berry Cheesecake Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC