- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in lemon juice, lemon peel, vanilla and salt; pour into crust. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Drain.
- Stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate until cold. Serve pie with topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Berry Cheesecake Pie
"Anyone have any comment?"
"Very simple and easy to make. My family does not like rhubarb, so I subbed blueberries for the rhubarb but did use the strawberries. Other than that made the recipe as stated (except did cut back some on sugar since not using rhubarb). My family gobbled it up."
"Wow, wow, wow. I got tons of great feedback on this, and it was simple and delicious. Everyone keeps asking me for the recipe! I love rhubarb and will now make this every year!"
"Would not make this again! Cheesecake didn't set up and was WAY too sweet!"
"This is a lovely summery and light recipe. Sweet enough and with a fresh lemony twist. I loved it!"
"THIS WAS A GREAT HIT AT MY FIRST COOK OUT PARTY! used my own rhubarb and strawberries - will be made many times this summer..so refreshing"