Rhubarb Angel Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt. Beat in cream and egg yolks. Stir in rhubarb. Pour over hot crust. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until set.
- 2. In a bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Spread over hot filling, sealing edges to baking dish.
- 3. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with coconut. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 362 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Rhubarb Angel Dessert
"I have made this recipe so many times I know it by heart!! it is my favorite! it has a very unique texture, fantastic!"
"Whsat an amazing way to serve rhubarb perfect for company."