Rhubarb Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
This is one of favorite recipe's from Taste of Home cookbook years ago. It is a wonderful cake.—Elizabeth Studley, Cheyenne, Wyoming
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, beat the egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla until smooth. combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Fold in the rhubarb and 1/2 cup almonds. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine sugar and butter; stir in the remaining almonds. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 14 servings.
One piece equals 337 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Almond Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC