I cook in a coffee shop, so I'm always looking for new and unique pies to serve my customers. The combination of blueberries and rhubarb in this recipe caught my eye and it was an instant best-seller. —Karen Dougherty, Freeport, Illinois
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in apple juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Add rhubarb; cook and stir gently 2-3 minutes or just until heated through. Stir in blueberries. Spoon mixture into pie shell.
- Place a foil-lined baking sheet on a rack below the pie to catch any spills. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rhu-berry Pie in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rhu-berry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review