This is a noodle casserole just like Mom used to make! Its down-home taste has great appeal at a family gathering or as a dish to pass. It's also easy to prepare and can be assembled ahead of time. No leftovers here! —Bernice Morris Marshfield, Missouri
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 cup cheese, green pepper, corn, soup, tomato sauce, olives, garlic, salt and noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Reunion Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p39
Reviews for Reunion Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review