Reunion Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 cup cheese, green pepper, corn, soup, tomato sauce, olives, garlic, salt and noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Reunion Casserole
Sort By :
The tomato soup made this casserole sweet, which was a turn-off for me. Also it was not an attractive dish for a buffet table.
Liked it. I substituted black beans for the corn and left out the olives and it came out good. Will make this again.
I LOVE olives, but for some reason that is all I tasted when I made this recipe. I would probably keep the olives on the side if I made it again.
This is a very simple to make but good tasting casserole. I personally left out the olives because I knew my son would not like them in there. However if it were just for my husband and myself I would use them.
LOVE this recipe! I make it often. The kids groan when they see all the stuff go into the pan but dig in it when it is placed in front of them! Easy to make and to clean up. Thank you for a great recipe! It has become a favorite of ours!