Reunion Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 cup cheese, green pepper, corn, soup, tomato sauce, olives, garlic, salt and noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Reunion Casserole
Sort By :
"I've made this casserole ever since it was published in "Country Woman" magazine back in 1994. It is a "go-to" for church potlucks for me. I use ground turkey for the meat and leave out the sausage for lower sodium and calories, but LOVE the green olives. You can substitute black ones, if you like :)"
"The tomato soup made this casserole sweet, which was a turn-off for me. Also it was not an attractive dish for a buffet table."
"Liked it. I substituted black beans for the corn and left out the olives and it came out good. Will make this again."
"I LOVE olives, but for some reason that is all I tasted when I made this recipe. I would probably keep the olives on the side if I made it again."
"This is a very simple to make but good tasting casserole. I personally left out the olives because I knew my son would not like them in there. However if it were just for my husband and myself I would use them."