Reunion BBQs Recipe
"I found this recipe on our local Cattlewomen's cookbook," confides Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington. "It's a favorite when I need to make lots of sandwiches for a crowd."
- 5 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 24 hamburger buns, split
- In a several large saucepans or Dutch ovens, brown beef and onion over medium heat; drain. Add water, ketchup, chili powder, salt, pepper and mustard; bring to a boil. Stir in oats. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 24 (1/2-cup) servings.
Originally published as Reunion BBQ's in Country Woman July/August 1997, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Reunion BBQs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2010
this is wonderful...I got the receipe years ago and lost it...so glad I found it....
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >