I love Reubens, so I turned this classic sammie into a fun appetizer with corned beef and sauerkraut on waffle fries. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, IL
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 12 ounces sliced deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, well drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Prepare waffle fries according to package directions for baking. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup fontina cheese, salad dressing, onion and horseradish until blended.
- Remove fries from oven; reduce oven setting to 400°. Top each waffle fry with about 1/4 ounce corned beef and 1 teaspoon each cream cheese mixture, sauerkraut and fontina cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Reuben Waffle Potato Appetizers in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Reuben Waffle Potato Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review