- 1 loaf (1 pound) day old pumpernickel bread, cubed
- 1 Slow-Cooked Corned Beef Brisket, cubed
- 1-3/4 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, corned beef and sauerkraut. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salad dressing; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Strata in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p20
Reviews for Reuben Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2012
LOVED this!!! So did the whole family! I didn't have any corned beef though, so I just used deli-sliced ham that I cut up into small pieces. It was wonderful and we will definitely be making this again!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >