Reuben Strata Recipe
Sure, you could turn last night’s corned beef into a Reuben sandwich, but strata is more fun—and just as simple. —Patterson Watkins, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day old pumpernickel bread, cubed
- 1 Slow-Cooked Corned Beef Brisket, cubed
- 1-3/4 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bread, corned beef and sauerkraut. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salad dressing; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 639 calories, 47 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 312 mg cholesterol, 1,488 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Reuben Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC