- 1 loaf (1 pound) day old pumpernickel bread, cubed
- 1 Slow-Cooked Corned Beef Brisket, cubed
- 1-3/4 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, corned beef and sauerkraut. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salad dressing; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Strata in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p20
Reviews for Reuben Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2012
"LOVED this!!! So did the whole family! I didn't have any corned beef though, so I just used deli-sliced ham that I cut up into small pieces. It was wonderful and we will definitely be making this again!"