Reuben Spread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked corned beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Snack rye bread
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with rye bread. Yield: about 5 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without bread): 100 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Reuben Spread
"I was so excited about this recipe, I had such high hopes...they all came crashing down when I tasted this... All you can taste is the sauerkraut! I can't understand why/how it received such smashing reviews! The other ingredients are all over powered by the cabbage. P.S. Cutting up the meat takes way more than 5 minutes. Very disappointed."
"So good, and easy to make. I did use chipped turkey breast instead of the corned beef. Also substituted Thousand Island dressing for the mayo. I suggest "Rye with Caraway Seeds" Triscuits instead of the bread. The bread tends to dry out so fast. A very popular snack for a get-together."
"Made this on St. Paddy's day as an appetizer-- so good!"
"Excellent flavor and so simple to make! Tastes just like a reuben sandwich...will definitely make this again!!!"
"This was very good and so easy to make. Well received at Bunco"
"I was so excited to find this recipe again. I made this recipe years back every New Year's Eve and it was a hit. Went online and low and behold there it was and I will make it this Christmas Eve and in the years to come. Tip: It gets greasey if made too far ahead, better fresh and I use chopped up Budding Corned Beef for sandwhiches in place of the cooked corned beef. Delish!"