Reuben sandwiches are shared by Kathy Jo Scott of Hemingford, Nebraska. "My mouth waters just thinking of these sandwiches," confesses Kathy Jo. "I adapted the recipe from one my mother found several years ago."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices light or dark rye bread
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Arrange corned beef on four slices of bread. Layer each with a
- quarter of the sauerkraut, 2 tablespoons of dressing and a slice of
- cheese. Top with remaining bread slices. Butter outsides of
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until bread is
- lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 547 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 2,346 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.