Reuben Sandwiches Recipe
Reuben sandwiches are shared by Kathy Jo Scott of Hemingford, Nebraska. "My mouth waters just thinking of these sandwiches," confesses Kathy Jo. "I adapted the recipe from one my mother found several years ago."
- 12 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices light or dark rye bread
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Arrange corned beef on four slices of bread. Layer each with a quarter of the sauerkraut, 2 tablespoons of dressing and a slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread slices. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 547 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 2,346 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC