Reuben sandwiches are shared by Kathy Jo Scott of Hemingford, Nebraska. "My mouth waters just thinking of these sandwiches," confesses Kathy Jo. "I adapted the recipe from one my mother found several years ago."
- 12 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices light or dark rye bread
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Arrange corned beef on four slices of bread. Layer each with a quarter of the sauerkraut, 2 tablespoons of dressing and a slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread slices. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p13
Reviews for Reuben Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review