Reuben Sandwiches Recipe
- 12 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices light or dark rye bread
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Arrange corned beef on four slices of bread. Layer each with a quarter of the sauerkraut, 2 tablespoons of dressing and a slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread slices. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Reuben Sandwiches(4)
Sort By :
I might regret saving this recipe...Reuben sandwiches were something I ordered when we went out...because I never made them at home! These are super simple and oh so very delicious!!! I will absolutely make these again...and again!
I have always shied away from sauerkraut but my hubby loves Reubens so I thought I'd give these a try for St. Patrick's Day. They are actually much better than I expected. The sauerkraut flavor is really mild but it gives the sandwich a nice crunch.
I used muenster cheese as I don't like swiss, and made my own thousand island dressing using equal parts mayo, ketchup and sweet pickle relish.
So easy and full of flavor. I'll definitely put these on my list of regular dinners. Would make a quick and easy lunch, too.
I love Reuben sandwiches. This is the only way to make them except I use my panini maker instead of a skillet.