- 12 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices light or dark rye bread
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Arrange corned beef on four slices of bread. Layer each with a quarter of the sauerkraut, 2 tablespoons of dressing and a slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread slices. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Reuben Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This is a classic! The only way to improve upon this recipe is by using leftover cornbeef."
"This is and always be one of my favorite sandwiches. They are really yum."
"These were really good. I love Reuben sandwiches. I had to use a gluten free bread instead of rye but it still turned out very tasty. It was a very simple meal and I will definitely be making these again."
"I might regret saving this recipe...Reuben sandwiches were something I ordered when we went out...because I never made them at home! These are super simple and oh so very delicious!!! I will absolutely make these again...and again!"