Reuben Quiche Recipe
Deli flavors combine in this one-of-a-kind quiche. Serve a little Thousand Island dressing on the side for that authentic Reuben taste…at about $1 a slice. We bet no deli can beat that! —Barbara Nowakowski, North Tonawanda, New York
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons finely crushed Rye Triscuits or other crackers
- 1 tablespoon rye or all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) deli corned beef, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; set aside. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust. Top with corned beef, sauerkraut and remaining cheese. Whisk the eggs, cream, flour, mustard, salt and reserved onion mixture; pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 395 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 211 mg cholesterol, 673 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC