Reuben Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons finely crushed Rye Triscuits or other crackers
- 1 tablespoon rye or all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) deli corned beef, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; set aside. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust. Top with corned beef, sauerkraut and remaining cheese. Whisk the eggs, cream, flour, mustard, salt and reserved onion mixture; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Reuben Quiche(9)
Sort By :
Made this recipe for me and was surprised my husband liked it too. He wants me to make it again. Delicious!
This is a regular in our house, although I do change it up a little. I use toasted, buttered rye bread instead of triscuits, and I make sure it is well toasted (dried out) mix with a little extra butter and push it into my pie plate. I also add a layer of shredded onion before the meat layer.
I absolutely loved every bite I took. I followed the recipe exactly as it was written...wondering how those crackers would stick together to make a crust. It is a quiche...the cheese and egg mixture make everything hold together in the end. Nothing needs to be added...especially more butter...to the crust. I did use rye Triscuits and rye flour and it is definitely needed. You can't substitute the regualr Triscuit or you will not get that rye flavor for the traditional reuben. I would make this over and over...DELICIOUS and EASY! Just follow the directions exactly and you will see what I mean!
so difficult for me to rate this. I cuold not find rye triscuits, used ry-krisps instead and that was a big mistake. rating the rest of the quiche, it was ok, but really wanted more of a reuben taste. would for sure recommend the thousand island dressing on the side. it was just ok the way I made it.
This was awesome!! My husband loved it and he hates quiche!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >