- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 ounces sliced deli corned beef
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 1 to 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Spread butter over bread slices; place one slice in a greased sandwich iron, buttered side down. Top with corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese and remaining bread slice, buttered side up. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and cheese has melted, turning occasionally, 5-7 minutes. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Reuben Pudgy Pie in Taste of Home June/July 2016, p42
Reviews for Reuben Pudgy Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2017
"Ruebens are my favorite sandwiches. This is a simple take on them."