This Reuben casserole is an absolute favorite of ours. I recently served it at a Christmas gathering; people loved it and requested the recipe! —Joy Hagen, Webster, South Dakota
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 pound sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 slices day-old light rye bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, soup, milk, onion and mustard.
- Drain noodles; stir into sauerkraut mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with corned beef and cheese.
- Place bread in a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Toss crumbs with butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Casserole in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p16
Reviews for Reuben Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review