Reuben Monte Cristos Recipe
In Arkansas City, Kansas, Helen Jay uses leftover corned beef for this twist on a traditional Reuben. She dips the sandwiches in egg and crushed corn chips before grilling them to crunchy perfection. "These tasty sandwiches are great with a cup of soup," she notes.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2-1/2 cups corn chips, crushed
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 12 slices deli corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Place chips in another shallow bowl. Dip one side of four slices of bread in the egg mixture, then in the chips. Place chip side down on a greased baking sheet. Spread salad dressing on each slice. Layer each with 1 slice corned beef, 1 slice Swiss cheese and 1/4 cup sauerkraut.
- 2. Dip the one side of the remaining bread slices in egg mixture and chips; place chip side up on sandwiches.
- 3. On a large skillet or griddle, toast sandwiches over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Reuben Monte Cristos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC