- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2-1/2 cups corn chips, crushed
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 12 slices deli corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Place chips in another shallow bowl. Dip one side of four slices of bread in the egg mixture, then in the chips. Place chip side down on a greased baking sheet. Spread salad dressing on each slice. Layer each with 1 slice corned beef, 1 slice Swiss cheese and 1/4 cup sauerkraut.
- Dip the one side of the remaining bread slices in egg mixture and chips; place chip side up on sandwiches.
- On a large skillet or griddle, toast sandwiches over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Reuben Monte Cristos
Sort By :
"Not my favorite recipe for a twist on the classic Reuben sandwich. I found the recipe incorrect as to how many slices to assemble sandwich as to how many in the recipe. I thought it was a little dry with the crushed corn chips. 2 1/2 cups of crushed chips was way too much to use. Only used about a 1/4 of that. I really had high hopes of this being a winner...not."