Reuben Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soft rye bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, pat meat mixture into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with salad dressing; top with sauerkraut and 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Roll up, starting with a long side and peeling foil away while rolling; seal seams and ends.
- 2. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer read 160°; drain. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 305 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.