- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soft rye bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, pat meat mixture into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with salad dressing; top with sauerkraut and 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Roll up, starting with a long side and peeling foil away while rolling; seal seams and ends.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer read 160°; drain. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Reuben Meat Loaf
"I made this for my family last night and it was wonderful. Looked nice when it was cut, tasty and different from our usual dinner gatherings. Next time I would like a bit more corned beef flavor in the meat mixture. Certainly will make again."
"My Mother made this recipe but using Russian Dressing. Either way was fantastic. Great for St Paddy's day leftovers. (Or anytime)Add a layer of corned beef in between the swiss cheese and the sauerkraut!"
"I also added a layer of corned beef between the swiss cheese and the sauerkraut"
"My Mother made this recipe but using Russian Dressing. Either way was fantastic. Great for St Paddy's day leftovers. (Or anytime)"