Reuben Meat Loaf Recipe
If you're a fan of Reuben sandwiches, you'll enjoy this satisfying rolled loaf made with rye bread crumbs, sauerkraut, corned beef and Swiss cheese. Denise Wahl of Homer Glen, Illinois confirms. "It's one of my husband's favorite meals, served with potato dumplings."
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups soft rye bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 8 slices deli corned beef (about 2 ounces), divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, onion and milk. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Add bread crumbs; mix gently. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into an 8-in. x 6-in. rectangle.
- Spread mustard over loaf to within 1 in. of edges. Layer with sauerkraut, six slices of corned beef and 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends.
- Place meat loaf seam side down in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with remaining corned beef and cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Meat Loaf in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 35
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Reuben Meat Loaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2011
I am not a fan of meatloaf or reuben's. This however is hands down the best I've tried. A must try.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >