Reuben Hot Dish Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped cooked corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed and toasted
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion and apple in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in beef, sauerkraut and caraway seeds.
- 2. Spoon into an ungreased 2-qt. casserole. Drizzle with salad dressing; sprinkle with cheese. Toss croutons with remaining butter; sprinkle over cheese. Top with pimientos and pepper.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 462 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1181mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Reuben Hot Dish
"Mediocre at best. Would not make this again!"
"Good weeknight dinner for leftover corned beef. My family loved it . I substituted russian dressing for the thousand island. I took this dish for a lunch at work and everyone wanted the recipe."