- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped cooked corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed and toasted
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- In a saucepan, saute onion and apple in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in beef, sauerkraut and caraway seeds.
- Spoon into an ungreased 2-qt. casserole. Drizzle with salad dressing; sprinkle with cheese. Toss croutons with remaining butter; sprinkle over cheese. Top with pimientos and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Casserole in Country Woman September/October 1997, p40
Reviews for Reuben Hot Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2013
"Mediocre at best. Would not make this again!"
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2013
"Good weeknight dinner for leftover corned beef. My family loved it . I substituted russian dressing for the thousand island. I took this dish for a lunch at work and everyone wanted the recipe."