Reuben Grill Recipe
“My Dad declared this sandwich a definite keeper,” relates Kathleen Hicks in Kanab, Utah. We think you’ll agree that the zippy homemade horseradish sauce makes it a standout!
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices caraway rye bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef or pastrami
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, chili sauce and horseradish. Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Spread sour cream mixture over unbuttered side of two slices; layer with cheese, sauerkraut and corned beef. Top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- 2. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 484 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1859mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Reuben Grill
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC