Reuben Grill Recipe
“My Dad declared this sandwich a definite keeper,” relates Kathleen Hicks in Kanab, Utah. We think you’ll agree that the zippy homemade horseradish sauce makes it a standout!
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices caraway rye bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef or pastrami
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, chili sauce and horseradish. Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Spread sour cream mixture over unbuttered side of two slices; layer with cheese, sauerkraut and corned beef. Top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Grill in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p35
Reviews for Reuben Grill(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review