"My husband and children enjoy Reuben sandwiches, and this quick casserole is as close as you can get without the mess," remarks Colleen Hawkins from her home in Monrovia, Maryland.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 8 hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Place sauerkraut in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- caraway seeds. Top with hot dogs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated
- through. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now