Reuben Dogs Recipe
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 8 hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1. Place sauerkraut in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Top with hot dogs.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 289 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1505mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Reuben Dogs
"Reubens are my favorite and this was very reminiscent of them!!! Served it on toasted hot dog rolls with homemade thousand island dressing... It hit the spot!!"