"My husband and children enjoy Reuben sandwiches, and this quick casserole is as close as you can get without the mess," remarks Colleen Hawkins from her home in Monrovia, Maryland.
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 8 hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Place sauerkraut in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Top with hot dogs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Dogs in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p8
Reviews for Reuben Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review