- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 8 hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Place sauerkraut in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Top with hot dogs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Dogs in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p8
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Reuben Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2011
Reubens are my favorite and this was very reminiscent of them!!! Served it on toasted hot dog rolls with homemade thousand island dressing... It hit the spot!!