Reuben Deli Sandwiches
Here's a new twist on the classic Reuben sandwich. The filling is easy to prepare and keeps well in the fridge. Add a salad and dessert, and you have a delicious brunch.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3/4 pound finely chopped corned beef (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 30 slices rye bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, mustard and
- horseradish. Stir in sauerkraut, corned beef and Swiss cheese.
- Spread 1/3 cup on 15 slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- Lightly butter the outsides of bread. Toast sandwiches on a hot
- griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield:
- 15 servings.